ACVBM-VBMA 2020 JOINT ECOTOUR SCHEDULE
Please note that all information below is tentative and subject to change.
Thursday, October 28th - Friday October 30th
Ecotour at Belknap Hot Springs in McKenzie Bridge, Oregon, located approximately an hour away from Eugene.
Arrival Wednesday, October 28th 2020
- Breakfast on own, but Cabin 7 will open for coffee/tea snacks
- Check in by 3 PM
- Dinner on your own
- Tentative evening lecture by Chanchal
Thursday, October 29th 2020
- Morning: hike/herb walk with Heron Brae Deer Creek trailhead. There are wonderful big trees, tributary creeks, and it is on the opposite side of the river from the road.
- Lunch: snacks at Cabin 7 or on hike or on your own
- Afternoon: Herbal ‘sit’ walk locally on the Belkap property with Chanchal
- Dinner on own
- Potential evening lecture Chanchal or Heron
Friday, October 30th 2020
- Morning: hike/herb walk with Heron - Options: One would be the hike to Blue Pool, which is quite popular, for good reason. We would hike through old forest, and the hike ends with a spectacular bright blue pool emerging from the lava, which then continues on as the Mckenzie River. There are two ways to walk in to the pool, both are wonderful. Nearby there is also two wonderful waterfalls--Koosa and Sahali falls, which could get worked in to the hike. And a little higher up the road is the majestic Clear Lake, with a trail that goes all the way around the lake in about 3.5 miles, and shows spectacular views and an interesting variety of ecological zones. That is higher in elevation, so if there was early snow that year it may not be accessible.
- Lunch: on trail
- Afternoon: lots of hot springs soaking
- Dinner: pot luck together!